ATT Working Group on Effective Implementation
The Working Group on Effective Implementation was established at the second Conference of States Parties to allow for focused work and information exchange on all aspects of Treaty implementation. It is co-chaired by Ambassador Sabrina Dallafior Matter (Switzerland), and Ambassador Elayne Whyte Gomez (Costa Rica).
First meeting (6-7 February 2017)
The group's first meeting took place on 6-7 February 2017. It included presentations from the ATT Secretariat; the German Federal Office for Economic Affairs and Export Control (BAFA); the Geneva Centre for Security Policy (GCSP); and Saferworld.
- Draft annotated programme of work (27 January 2017)
- Input provided by Sweden (30 January 2017)
- Input provided by GCSP (3 February 2017)
- Co-chairs summary report of the meeting (15 February 2017)
Second meeting (29 May 2017)
Third meeting (6 March 2018)
- Letter of the Chair including agenda and work plans of sub-groups (9 February 2018)
- Food for thought paper on practical measures to conduct likelihood assessments under Articles 6 and 7 of the Arms Trade Treaty, submitted by Switzerland (2 March 2018)
- Food for thought paper on the topic of the prevention of diversion (Article 11), submitted by Switzerland (2 March 2018)
- Preventing and fighting the diversion of legally transferred weapons, submitted by Argentina, Belgium, Colombia, Finland, France, Germany, Netherlands, Mexico, Republic of Korea, Sweden (6 March 2018)
- Sweden Inspectorate of Strategic Products (6 March 2018)
- ATT Secretariat: Status of Article 5 Implementation and NPCs (7 March 2018)